WELCOME TO COLLIERVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
• Only public high school in Tennessee with a Cum Laude Society Chapter (20% Honors Students)
• “High School Challenge” winner – Washington Post
• Nationally ranked by Newsweek’s America’s Best High Schools
• 140 ACT 30 & Above Club Members
• 3 Perfect ACT scores
• 6 National Merit Semi-Finalist
• 3 Presidential Scholars
• Student to counselor ratio 1:384
• Student to teacher ratio 1:25
A list of classes requested by the student. This form is signed by the student and a parent in the spring signifying approval of classes selected.
Courses selected by student/parent that can replace an elective should the courses selected not fit into a student’s schedule. If alternate courses are not selected, a school counselor will select one for you.
General Graduation Requirements
• English 4 credits
• Math 4 credits
• Science 3 credits
• Social Studies 3 credits
• Wellness/PE 1.5 credits
• Personal Finance .5 credit
• Foreign Language 2 credits
• Fine Art 1 credit
• Focus Area 3 credits
22 credits required for graduation
• Science/ Math
• Advanced Placement
• Fine Arts
• Liberal Arts
• Career/ Technical Education
- Horticultural Sciences
- Automotive Maintenance Light Repair
- Therapeutic Clinical Services
- Human Services
- Marketing Communications
- Business Management
1.5 credits in Wellness/ PE
- Wellness = 1 credit in the 9th grade
- P. E. = .5 credit which may be met by substituting an equivalent time of physical activity in other areas including but not limited to cheer, band, football, wrestling, etc.
January - Registration materials delivered
February - Course selection process
March - Course selection forms due
April - Course verifications forms sent home - Final chance to make changes
May - Summer work posted to the CHS website
July - Freshmen Frenzy
August - Welcome to CHS
Important Factors to Remember
The Ninth Grade Schedule must consist of:
• English –Standard or Honors
• Math- Algebra I, Algebra I Honors or Geometry Honors
• Science- Physical Science or Biology I Honors
• Wellness, and • 3 more classes, one of which may be Study Hall
Note: You may at no time go backwards in the sequencing of subjects (i.e. Math or Science)
- Less than 5 credits 9th
- 5 or more plus English 9 10th
- 11 or more plus English 10 11th
- 16 or more plus English 11 12th
Teacher recommendations are important for correct placement in classes. Speak with the middle school teachers now about your concerns.
A teacher recommendation and an Honors Application are required for consideration of placement in an honors level class. Once approved for an honors class no schedule change will occur without teacher recommendation.
Honors summer work will be available in May.
Schedules will not be changed without teacher recommendation after the school year begins.
"The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break."