Rho Kappa is the National Social Studies Honor Society.
The following is a list of criteria that all Rho Kappa members must meet:
- Have been in attendance at the school for at least one semester;
- Have completed two core social studies courses and be prepared to complete at least three courses;
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or the numerical equivalent;
- Have participated in activities that demonstrate civic engagement in their school or community;
- Provide a letter of recommendation; and
- Desire to be a member of Rho Kappa.
The chapter advisor, faculty selection committee, and the high school administration shall determine selection of eligible students and their election to the organization. Candidates must meet the GPA, social studies course completion requirements and the application requirements listed above. Other criteria can be implemented and created at the discretion of chapter advisors.