These are the books we will be reading for this year's Battle of the Books. We have or will be getting most of them. Check CHS OverDrive and the Collierville Burch Library for copies too. And Barnes & Noble at Carriage Crossing can get most of them in paperback for us if you want to buy your own copies.
- Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina by Michaela DePrince
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- We Were Liars by E Lockhart
- Positive: Surviving My Bullies, Finding Hope and Living to Change the World by Paige Rawl
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Threatened by Eliot Schrefer
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
- The Shadow Hero by Gene Luen Yang
Save the date! Our actual "battle" with other schools will be Tuesday, March 28, 6 PM at Arlington High School's library.
Next meeting will be in January. Please join Remind to get the date. In the meantime:
- Keep reading those books!
- Pay your $10 fee to Mrs. Haggard or Ms. Cozzens.
- Join Remind. Just take out your phone. Enter this number: 81010. Text this message: @a9247. If you need help in joining, please see Mrs. Haggard.
- Make sure you have turned in your signed participation form. See attached form below.
Updated info--January 2018
Practice dates: (time 2:10 to 3:00; bring your own snack)
- January 25, Thursday
- February 8, Thursday
- February 22, Thursday
- March 6, Tuesday
- March 22, Thursday
Please turn in your t-shirt size, and your t-shirt fee of $10 to Mrs. Haggard.
Use this link to sign up for Quizlet. Please add questions to this as you read. Quizlet