Welcome to Mr. Collier's webpage!
Suggested reading for AP Human Geography:
- Why Geography Matters: More Than Ever by Harm de Blij
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond
- Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
- Geography of Nowhere: The Rise and Decline of America's Man-Made Landscape by James Howard-Kuntsler
- The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the 21st Century by Thomas Friedman
- The Power of Place: Geography, Destiny, and Globalization's Rough Landscape by Harm de Blij
- Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Explain Everything About the World by Tim Marshall
None of these are required; however, each of these serves to increase your understanding of various topics we will cover throughout the year. If you read for pleasure and/or have time, I highly recommend choosing one or more of these to read this summer or during the year as it will greatly benefit you in AP Human Geography.